Versatile Long-Pulse Nd:YAG Vein Therapy For The Face & Body
For permanent hair reduction, skin rejuvenation and vascular conditions, Cutera has created a long-pulse 1064 nm laser that represents several clinical firsts.
The 1064 nm Nd:YAG Advantage
- First laser for permanent hair reduction on all skin types, including tanned skin
- First for treatment of pseudofolliculitis barbae, year-round
- Patent-pending microsecond technology for gentle skin rejuvenation to improve texture and fine lines and decrease pore size
- Effective treatment of a wide range of vascular conditions, including leg veins
About the 1064 nm Wavelength
The 1064 nm wavelength was initially controversial amongst laser users. One reason was confusion about the use of a longer wavelength with weaker absorption by melanin. But it is important to remember that melanin, the target chromophore for hair, is also contained in the epidermis. By using a longer wavelength with the right parameters, the hair bulb is reached and the wavelength bypasses the epidermal melanin thereby offering protection to the outer skin. With Cutera’s ability to provide the required combination of pulse width, spot size and fluence, excellent results can be obtained on patients with all skin types.
Advantages of CoolGlide CV Laser Technology
- 1064 nm wavelength with the 10 mm spot size provides the penetration depth to reach the hair bulb and bulge targets.
- Large 10 mm spot size is ideal for large or small areas.
- Pulse durations are long enough to spare the epidermis but short enough to efficiently heat the hair.
- Unique and proprietary power supply allows optimization of pulse width, fluence and repetition rate across the full parameter range. Other 1064 nm lasers sacrifice one of these parameters, limiting clinical efficacy or speed.
- Gold-plated copper cooling offers more than ten times the thermal conductivity of the sapphire windows (most common method of cooling), thereby providing the most efficient method of removing heat from the skin.
For Women & Men of All Skin Tones and Types
Now men and women alike are making unsightly facial and leg veins a thing of the past, thanks to the Cutera. No more painful injections! With the most advanced technology, a unique design, and a longer wavelength, the Cutera can safely and effectively treat both tiny superficial face veins and deeper blue leg veins on men and women of all skin tones.
The Cutera difference.
The Cutera combines the ideal laser wavelength with the most flexible parameters to deliver a superior vascular laser system. It treats a broad range of vessels from tiny spider veins to deep blue reticular veins quickly, safely, and effectively. Patients with dark, light or tanned skin can experience outstanding results with minimal bruising or blistering.
How does Vein Therapy work?
The Cutera systems deliver pulses of light energy which cause the blood within the vein to coagulate, eventually destroying the vessel which is later reabsorbed by your body. Blood flow will then be redirected to veins deeper below your skin's surface, where it should be.
How many treatments will I need?
Often, patients find that one or two treatments are sufficient. However, the number of treatments necessary depends on the number, color, and size of the vessels being treated. Since individual results vary, ask your medical professional about your specific condition.
Do the treatments hurt?
Most patients experience a stinging sensation as the pulses of energy are delivered through the handpiece. Although no local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required, many patients opt to use a topical anesthetic prior to treatment. Following the treatment, the pain is minimal to nonexistent.
What are the possible side effects?
Although many patients report few if any side effects, those most commonly noticed are slight reddening and local swelling of the skin. These effects typically last for less than 24 hours. Some patients may experience bruising and, in rare instances, blistering may occur. Consult with your medical professional for complete information on the benefits and risks of treatment.
When will I see results?
Most patients find that the majority of the treated veins have shown significant improvement within two to six weeks of treatment. However, your final results may not be apparent for several months. Over time, it is possible for new veins to appear, but these too can be removed with the Cutera.